What is Integrative Health Coaching?
Integrative Health Coaching (IHC) empowers you to make lasting health behavior changes that are the cornerstones of lifelong well-being. It bridges the gap between medical recommendations and your abilities to successfully implement those recommendations into your complex life.
How does Integrative Health Coaching work?
- Integrative health coaches work with the whole person, take time to listen to your concerns, and ask powerful questions to help motivate you to make changes.
- Coaches utilize the Duke Integrative Medicine Wheel of Health to facilitate inquiry and personal discovery.
- Coaching helps facilitate behavior change in a structured, supportive partnership between you and your coach.
- Coaches can help you to identify obstacles to change and create strategies for forward movement.
- Coaches provide additional resources for making healthy behavior changes.
- Sessions can take place over the telephone, or in person.